About Communication Monitoring Data
PR & Social Media Data:
Exactly what PR & Social Media data do you offer?
- We track the coverage of gaming and film products across press and social platforms, from the moment it’s announced, through to launch and beyond.
- We currently monitor:
- Websites, magazines and newspapers
When you say press and social media, what is it you are monitoring specifically?
- The list of things we track and gather is extensive, it includes everything from number of activities and article content analysis, to review scores and authors of articles, YouTube views and Facebook reactions, plus much, much more.
- If you would like more information on this please contact us on +44 (0) 1628 483 554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How far back does your data go?
- Press articles reach back as far as 2004.
- Social media (Twitter, YouTube and Facebook) reach back to 2013.
- Our most recent addition, Twitch, goes back to 2016.
What types of press outlets and social accounts do you monitor?
- We monitor a range of specialist gaming outlets both big and small. We also monitor a wide cross section of mainstream outlets, specifically their gaming areas.
- We monitor a variety of social media account types including:
- Key influencers
- Professional media
- Publishers and developers
- Brands and IPs
- Platform holders
What is the threshold for adding new key influencers on YouTube?
- The video was first seen after 2016.
- The video satisfies at least 1 of the following criteria:
- At least 100,000 views.
- At least 50,000 video views AND 100,000 account subscribers.
How many sources do you monitor?
- We monitor 2,300 websites
- 9,400 YouTube channels
- 4,100 Twitter accounts
- 4,100 Facebook pages
- 1,000 Twitch channels
Why do you not monitor absolutely everything?
- We monitor sites and accounts that will actually have an impact on your campaign, we don’t believe that sites with extremely small circulation figures or reach are relevant to the success of a campaign.
- We monitor the same sites and channels for all products, this gives a like for like, level playing field when analysing comparisons.
What if you are not monitoring a site/account/channel we need?
- While we attempt to monitor the key outlets, if there are any further you require, we can add websites, channels, pages and accounts at request, provided they meet our minimum criteria, which will be discussed with you at the time.
- With regards to websites that is the case, yes.
- For social media we can gather Tweets, videos and Facebook posts dating back to the very first the account created.
Processing and Use of PR & Social Data:
How up to date is the data? How often do you grab articles, videos, Tweets and posts?
- Data is collected every 15 minutes.
What process do you use for gathering the data?
- For social media accounts we pull in every video, Tweet and post from the date we add that account to our system. We also go back and retrieve historical activity.
- Press articles are gathered using a mixture of RSS feeds and their front page using our bespoke, internal system.
What is the process for sorting data?
- It’s a three level system implemented through our custom-developed internal engine.
- We use keywords as a means to automatically group activities relating to the same product together.
- Our team of dedicated experts then check the automated system to confirm everything is correct.
- Any activities that do not match a keyword are processed manually.
Do we need to set up keywords or inform you of games to start tracking?
- No, not at all. We automatically track all video games from day one whether it’s an official announcement or even just a rumour. You will not need to set anything up. You can simply search any game using Fusion whenever you want.
Does that mean I can look at competitive products as well as my own?
- Of course. We treat every product the same so you will see the same level of quality tracking across every game in our database.
How do you gather circulation figures for website
- We gather unique monthly visitor counts for websites from HyperStat. We are open to using other sources as well if preferred.
If you’d like more information about any of our services please call +44 (0) 1628 483 554 or email email@example.com.